Wednesday 1 July 2015

Assumption

Assumption

What's on your mind, when I smile at you?
Am I a threat, am I after you too?
It's not true what 'they' say, y'know,
Frown and the world frowns with you,
Smile, and it thinks you're insane.

No community, no carers, competing against sharing,
This world, I can't join, just seems sad.
Oh my beautiful earth, it's so cold and disjointed,
It's so lonely, so baron of truth,
Full of fear and pollution, it's dying. I feel.

Sitting alone, on a wall, by a river,
Seeing nature swimming through my vision,
Hearing wind in the trees, flow so effortlessly on,
Spoilt only by distractions, made for and by humanity,
Insignificantly, self importantly, nothing.

Watch our human beasts, they will judge you,
Fearing invisible motives, hiding behind false expression,
Potentially fatal, they create delusion,
Risking all that you've blindly called truth,
Ignoring, the beauty of life right in front. I'll stop looking!

Where is this world, I was taught to expect, perceive?
The promised lands where those who care, live?
Plainness, void, faith gone, closed, trust denied,
We're all charged and guilty, until we can self-prove,
From prejudgements, that must lead us all to lose.

Our unhappy, depressed, are just mocked, or repressed,
Our afflicted and damaged, are now pitied, redressed,
Then there are those that get lucky,
We cheer them, admire them, look up and aspire,
Then there's the ones who graft, they get used.

We are teaching the world about want and desire,
And we ruthlessly fight our position,
We feel good to look down, saying "I'm better than that",
All so hollow, we sit on our perches so high,
But when you open your eyes.... Do you realise?

No comments:

Post a Comment