Wednesday 1 July 2015

Don’t Ask

Don’t Ask

Don't ask me to explain,
Why I feel like I do,
How I find it far too hard,
Trying to keep it all from you.

Oh I do know how it feels,
And that you must feel it too,
I know just how it hurts,
From either point of view.

Yes, I can be solid,
And I can play strong,
If I didn't know,
What I'm doing was wrong.

It shouldn't be like this,
We ought not to fall,
The doubters all say,
Ignorant to it all.

I can be cold to it,
I can be cool,
I will protect myself,
From looking a fool.

But why would I do it?
What would it be for?
It protects me from watching,
My heart rot to core.

It's not a decision,
I'm not in control,
If I could do that,
It would all be a stroll.

To who, is it, lover,
We try to comply?
Is it them, is it you?
Is it us, is it I?

No comments:

Post a Comment