Wednesday 1 July 2015

Fear

Fear

Fear and loathing, hate, mistrust,
Is it any wonder your self-worth's lost,
All you've had to learn from life,
Is survival pitted against constant strife?
Believing none, least of all your own,
You seek opinion, to confirm what's known?

If confirmed, at last you feel it's right,
That you deserve, and suffer spite.
Though when denied, with friendly smiles
So deep you hear, it's all just lies,
So either way, you're never wrong,
Validated, right, your doubt so strong.

Defence is all you think you need,
As another day makes cuts, you bleed,
But if you could, just pause for thought,
What if, my child, what if you're caught,
In webs of pain, laid in your way,
If that is true, please let me say:

I speak only truth, I am sincere,
I pray you have the belief to hear,
You're fit, you're fine, you're welcome, see?
You're smile belongs, where e'er you be,
You deserve to live, how e'er you feel,
And hold no guilt, for being real.

Be proud that you have coped, till now,
Take strength, lose fear, and take that bow,
Trust me, you are worth so much more,
Than all you feel you've earnt before,
Special, unique, you're strong and bright,
I admire your will to stand and fight.

I hope you can believe it's true,
I hope this lends a smile to you,
Though, if you can't believe it still,
Then keep these words for when you will,
And then you can look back and say,
With pride:” See who I am today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment